It’s the day you’ve be waiting for! The installation of your countertop is the most exciting step in the process. For the most part all you’ll need to do is relax and let our skilled technicians install your beautiful new countertop, but there are a few small things you can help us with to ensure your project goes as smoothly as possible.
- If possible, have a prep area in garage to stage the material and a clear pathway to carry the tops into the home. You may cover the pathway to protect flooring, and clear any knickknacks or collectibles safely away from work area.
- Your existing countertops and base cabinets should be empty with all drawers removed and stowed away from the work area.
- Please have the disconnect and reconnect of plumbing and gas lines coordinated before our arrival.
- Stone tops are very heavy and require handling in specific ways. Please, for the safety of everyone, ensure pets and young children are in a separate space away from the work area.
- Having the cooktop or range present will allow us to check for the proper fit which may save a return trip and delay of your project. Dishwashers can sometimes require the installation of a mounting bracket and should be in place for the day of installation.
- You may notice an odor from the glue used during the installation; this will dissipate within a couple hours. Also, your installation may require some onsite grinding to achieve a good fit. The technicians will keep this to a minimum and will clean the worksite before leaving.
- If your project requires a custom backsplash height, the technicians will take these measurements at this time and return at a future date to install the backsplash.